Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marvel Legends - Electro

Well, the next custom kinda put itself together, much like my Joe Fixit did some time ago..................I give you: Electro Photobucket




I was happy to just mod the arms from the action feature edition of Electro that came out late in the SMC line. As I opened the package, I went through my regular paces of checking all articulation, and *crack* his ab crunch breaks! Customs gets sidelined for a bit, I find the Sinister Six version, get it at a decent price, and was re-motivated to get my custom done.


I really liked the sculpted details of the SMC version, and did what I've come to call my 'tracing' sculpting technique - meaning, I press some mixed up greenstuff onto whatever details I'm trying to duplicate, make a makeshift mold. Go back to it, oil it up, press more green stuff into it, and whallah! sculpted details!


Did this for front and back costume details. Used a HML Vision for the hips up. Transferred the legs, head, and lightning bolts from the gloves onto Vision. Was a good choice for the base to alleviate any paint rub.


Wanted to add some electrifying energy effects. Some clear twist ties, Tamiya clear paints, and a glue gun later I had some, (made them so they come in yellow, green, blue.......or some are layered colour of green base, with yellow on top.)


Really like how he came together - I think the body proportions look a lot better now. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: