Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marvel Legends - Iron Patriot aka Norman Osborn

Well, here's a little something I've been slaving away at on and off again for months now, (eh, I try to keep a number of projects on the go since most nights I only allow myself to execute a key bit or two at a time. Most times I fear if I try to do too much too fast, I risk screwing up that work that was just done.)

I give you the man everyone hates right now: Norman Osborn aka Iron Patriot

Photobucket

Recipe: Hasbro IM

Neck, Head, Helmet: Xorn

Kneadatite for the sculpting, Tamiya Paints.

Kinda straight forward. Neck transplant from Xorn. Sanded down and resculpted features on the Xorn helmet. Scalped Normy, resculpted hair.

What can I say. Lots of tweaking to the sculpted star on his chest, finally got it to an acceptable shape.( Cheated a little with paint work to have it look good.)

Really wanted to go the removable helmet route. Didn't want to mess with alternate heads this time.

Helmet isn't 100% accurate to any art I have seen, but then again, I have seen a few different artist interpretations of what his exact armour and paint scheme look like, as well as helmet appearance. My sculpt was inspired by Heroes Reborn IM, Ultimate IM, Movie IM, and Modern IM..... and was a slight mix of them all.

Extra holes drilled for flight stand in his back, as well as his boots for flight/blast effects,(which are from ML9 War Machine.)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: