Friday, July 24, 2009

ML Deadpool, everyone's (including MY) favorite Merc with a Mouth

So, here is my take on everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth - Deadpool!

Recipe:

ML6 Unmasked Deadpool Head

ML6 Punishers guns, bazooka, bazooka shells

ML9 Bullseye upper & lower torso, fingers, belt.

ML14 Moonknight Head

GM wave Havok Arms & Legs

Sin CIty Miho sword & scabbard

Rambo removable bandolier and ankle holster

If you have read my past works, I tend to tell stories when detailing all that went into my custom.....I'll try not to ramble on here.

I was first going just to straight up use a Moonkight for everything, but, well, I didn't like A LOT of what I saw, and what I've seen other customizers overlook for the sake of convienence or laziness. So I not-so-quickly figured out,(eh, at least I live up to my motto: "Little Hustle, Lots O' Muscle",) what parts I wanted to use to achieve my vision of what Deadpool should look like. (I'll need to touch up the bits of paint on his chest, and maybe the black on 'his' left thigh, other than than he's perfect!)

I've been a HUGE fan, and faithful reader of Deadpool since Civil War. When undertaking this character, I looked at A LOT of art to see just what I'd need to do to get this guy right. He's had a number of different costume variations over the years and it was hard to nail down one specific look to go for. I instead, being the fan that I am, went with my own take on the costume.



I sculpted the glove & boot cuffs, boot-tip stripes, and collar with Kneadatite. "Sculpted" the belt buckle by pressing Kneadatite onto ML6 Deadpools'.



Painted everything up with Tamiya Flat Black & Flat Red, with a bit of white and brown touches here and there. Sealed it all with Armory Clear Matte Sealer.

As much as this guy sounds simple and straight forward, all the painting was pretty intensive.



Decided to show mine up against the original, as well as the Rulk wave Union Jack, (since that WOULD be the base that Hasbro intends to use IF they make a Deadpool in the near future - they showed a prototype @ SDCC 09.)

I made this guy with the sole intent of selling him. I need to scrape up some coin for other causes - good ones - TATTOOS! Decided to include ML6 Punisher & ML Xmen BS Gambit coats in the last pic - when I put this on eBay, if bidding should exceed a certain price, the buyer can choose which trenchcoat he'd like Deadpool to have as an extra.

Comments & Critiques are always warmly welcomed,

Word'em

No comments: