Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Pearsonic Portfolio - Past Productions - BAF Apocolypse Re-Paint

So, with me wanting to kick up my production of custom creations, I figured it would be smart to log, ergo, blog, my past projects. I have kept a blog of sorts over at Fwoosh, ( http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39243 )actually, it's my "Custom Thread".

Since I would like more people to visit "me", I'm going to re-cap what's been happenning these last 3 years or so with my art aka creations aka stuff I make..........

(I'll do my best to keep things chronological....)

My 1st crack at 'er:

TBML 12 BAF Apocolypse

I wasn't too impressed with the 'Blue' version, and trying to amass black parts here in Vancouver, BC was proving to be difficult. So, I decided I'd paint him up once I had gathered all the needed pieces. I also wasn't a big fan of the double A - one on his belt, and one on his neck. So, I scuplted over the neck one.

Now, he still isn't perfect, but for my first crack at it, I'm satisfied - for now.

I started off by priming him from head to toe with grey primer, disassembled.

From there, all black areas were first painted with Tamiya Flat Black. later, about to do a second coat, i didn't realise I was using just Black. Oh well, wanted to have the Black less shiny, but it still looks alright.

As for all the Blue areas, they started out with Tamiya Silver basecoat. I then followed that up with 2 coats of Tamiya Metallic Blue.

I spent a great deal of time painting this monster! All the touchups I kept touching-up, I wonder if I'm too meticulous? Naw, in this medium, I'm sure we're all perfectionists!

Once fully painted, and after 2 coats of Krylon Interior-Exterior Clear-coat. (Smoothest finish - dries in 12 mins or less.) After hearing about someones figs getting tacky while sitting around, with Krylon cc, think I may be hunting down some Dull-coate for the next paint job.

Was a little disappointed with the results. Musta put the clear coat on just a little to heavy, which had the Metallic Blue run some. Not too much, but enough to make it look a little less solid.

No comments: